Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Economize, Don't Compromise!

Now, every Fly girl has the same chronic disorder that I seem to have, shopaholicism! (I know it's not a word..lol) Since the clock struck midnight on the day after Christmas, I have been on a ravenous hunt to find the best deals at just about any store, but mainly Targets. Now, I don't know about you, but Target does something for ya girl. I love the feel of it, the workers (all expect this hoodrat cashier in Morrow..), the quality of product and most of all, the way they slash prices when they are rushing the next set of products in after Christmas.
As of Monday, all of their Christmas items have been marked down to 75% off ! This is ridiculous because most of the Christmas stuff can be used year round. The gorgeous wrapping paper can be used as ..... you ready? WALL PAPER! Yes, I have about 17 rolls of this gorgeous print and I am going to totally transform my dining room and guest bathroom! Many of the delicate ornaments can be placed in decorative shadow boxes and even decorative bowls.
When going into an after Christmas sale, you have to be a visionary. You have to be able to see something that not many others will not see. What works for you, may not work for everyone. There is a thrill I get when seeing a dull room transform into something out of Better Homes & Gardens or off of TV.
I'm sitting here with a pile of receipts almost feeling guilty about the money I spent, but I'm like, hey, it's gonna be worth it! When I move into my new townhouse, I will spend the entire time praising God and DECORATING! I'm so excited I cant even sleep at night... No, really. When you have creative juices flowing like I do, its hard to keep still..
Okay, I'm off to building my 2009 dream board!
~So high from being fly....

No comments: