Friday, December 26, 2008

Right place, right time.....



Now, being the Fly Girl that I am, I was all over the city in search of the next Target with the best after Christmas sales. In choosing this particular Target, I was apprehensive, but I decided to venture to it anyway. What I experienced at this Target was not in the store, but in the parking lot.


On my way back to my car, I saw these 2 young ladies and a toddler standing outside of an older model Camry. Now anyone who knows me knows that I have a hard time minding my business, so I asked what was going on. When I looked at the young ladies, I knew they were in a bit of a bind and needed help. That's when I realized that they had locked their keys in the car. My heart immediately reached out for them. But in the same thought, I vividly remembered my mom having a slim jim in the car. Now, I'm certainly not a mechanic, or a fix it girl, but that day, God was able to use me as a vessel. I tried and tried and could not get that door open. So I said a prayer out loud to declare that God would grant me a miracle and I tried it one last time. To my surprise, the door opened immediately.


Now, this may not seem like a lot to me or you, but this made this young lady's day. She was scrolling through her phone trying to find help, she went through her wallet and had little or no money, all she had was faith. And that is what life is all about. God wants us to know that He is all we need. Not money, not fame, not things, but Him!


We need to be available to God to be used as vessels. Now, even in my pursuit of things, God was still with me. Granting me favor as I walked in and out of stores and even allowing me to be a blessing to others. This is a critical occurrence when being a believer. God must be able to use us in order to bless others and let them know that He is real.


I was so touched by this occurrence that it stayed with me all day. My heart went out to these 2 young girls. Just as God had me to be a vessel, He will do the same in many instances to help me and you. There will be someone sitting in a board room meeting speaking highly of your name, your application will float to the top, you will get the last of great deal in the store, your child will get a scholarship, a family member will remember you when they get their riches. And why? Not because you are any greater than anyone else, but because you are blessed and highly favored. God can work a miracle on your behalf today.



Keep living your life doing what God has instructed you to do and there is nothing that you cannot have.



~Highly Favored and Fly


http://

No comments: