Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Curious Case of Living......






Soooooo, I finally saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and I have been inspired ever since. This has to be one of the best movies of our time. Like, seriously. I cried, I laughed, I was intrigued, I was changed!



I think what I took away from the movie was the power to love without limits. Benjamin possessed such an incredible power to live beyond his current circumstances. He was never consumed by his inadequacies where he couldn't live. He rarely said "no" and he was rendered powerful. I think the true driving force in this movie was Queenie, Benjamin's foster mother. Her character was reminiscent of the way God looks at us. (I don't know if you've seen the movie, but bare with me.) When Benjamin's father abandoned him and left him on Queenie's door step, she didn't scowl at him and throw him out with the trash. She saw the beauty of God in him and saw fit to his upbringing. God does us the same way. When the world turns its back on us time and time again, God finds something great in us and worth using.



I sat in the theater and my mind was racing 100 mph. God really revealed some things to me. I was taking notes like I was in class. lol. This movie had so many points, I couldn't grasp them all. I've written a few quotes below.



Give your year a kick start and go see this movie. It's worth it. I promise!



-Sometimes the people we remember the least, have the most impact

-You gotta do what you're meant to do

-When someone leaves us, we really know how to loveand miss them.

-Its the way it goes

-Where would we be if everyone acted according to their conscience

-You never know what's coming for you from God

-When you come home and everything seems the same, you realize what's changed, is you

-Our lives are defined by opportunities. Even the ones we miss

-God will keep reminding us why we are still alive

-U can be mad at fate, but when it comes to an end, you have to let go

-A series of unexpected incidences often lead us on an unexpected course

-Things happen when they are supposed to. We don't know it until they happen

-Sometimes when u choose to do something so unique, there's an appointed time frame and

window to do it.

-None of us is perfect forever.

-Find purpose and live it

-Loving is worth everything

-Anything is possible

-Its never too late or too early to be who you want to be.

-U can change who you want to be.

-Never put any limit on it.

-Feel things u never felt, meet new people, live a life you're proud of.

-Always find the strength u need to start all over if you're not happy with who u are

-Some things u will never forget. Young or old.





~Curious Flyness

No comments: