Saturday, January 10, 2009

Jill Scott is Pregnant!




Now, Jill Scott is one of my absolute favorite artist of all time. In fact, when I couldn't find the words to describe how much I was in love, I would put her music on and I knew what true love would sound like. (more on that later). When I heard she was getting a divorce from Lyzel, her true inspiration for her first album, I felt like I was getting a divorce. Now I go online to getting my daily black gossip update and she has not only completely finalized her divorce from DJ Lyzel Williams, a graphic artist.(2001-2007) but home girl has gotten engaged to Lil’ John Roberts, her drummer, and is having his baby. Wait, they kinda look alike. lol. They are expecting their first child together April 25. You know I was totally shocked. To top that, girlfriend has a tatt of his name behind her ear. Boy, he must be laying it doooooooooooooown!




One side of me wants to be overjoyed about her new relationship and pending birth, the other side of me wants to question the whole marriage thing and why these stars keep bailing out of these marriages. What ever happened to the tie that binds that is not easily broken. This microwave, instant society we live in has gotten crazy!! Now granted, I am not married and I was certainly not in their marriage, but man, these statistics are startling! I am not only seeing the whole "up n leave" mentality in Hollywierd, but in my day-to-day interactions with people that I know and don't even know.



I recently witnessed the breakup of a seemingly fairytale relationship. The 2 were dern near perfect for one another. It lasted for a few years. They got engaged, bought a house, and began preparing for the wedding. So we thought. Homegirl kept having anxiety attacks about "forever" and just upped and walked out of the relationship. Homeboy was devastated, naturally. You know men take forever to get to the alter mentally, so she might as well as ran him over with an 18-wheeler. So, needless to say, the relationship was shot to smithereens! Wait, it gets better. Months, maybe weeks, later, homegirl is completely in a new "I LOVE ME SOME HIM" relationship with another guy that looks a lot like her ex and she's pregnant. (Almost identical to the Jill Scott situation). And the dude is about to get engaged to another chick. This baffles me. The crazy thing is, this isn't the first time Ive heard of a situation like this. People run in and out of relationships without making them work or remembering why God has placed them together. Wait, I take that back. Half the time, God has nothing to do with their union, so that's the main problem all together. You HAVE to have God in, over, and throughout your relationship.





I don't know, it's hard to judge a situation unless you've been in it or currently in it, so I can't be the best expert in this. But I have been in a place where the "love of my life" was in love in the next 5 minutes, which led me to believe that our love never existed. Instead of continuing to wreck my brain about the validity of it, I just thanked God that I was able to experience what I had and used it all as growth material. Let me stop talking about this before my head starts hurting.




We need to do some serious praying for the success of our marriages and our future seeds. We need to at least TRY to make it last forever!



~ Flyly optimistic




Lyrics to : He Loves Me (Lyzel in E Flat)
You love me especially different every time
You keep me on my feet happily excited
By your cologne, your hands, your smile, your intelligence
You woo me, you court me, you tease me, you please me
You school me, give me some things to think about
Ignite me, you invite me, you co-write me, you love me, you like me
You incite me to chorus, ooh
Ooh...



You love me especially different every time
You keep me on my feet happily excited
By your cologne, your hands, your smile, your intelligence
You woo me, you court me, you tease me, you
please meYou school me, give me things to think about
Invite me, you ignite me, co-write me, you love me, you like me
Incite me to chorus
La, la, la...Da, da, da...Do, do, do...


You're different and special
You're different and special in every way imaginable
You love me from my hair follicles to my toenails
You got me feeling like the breeze, easy and free and lovely and new
Oh when you touch me
I just can't control it
When you touch me,
I just can't hold it
The emotion inside of me, I can feel it
Ah...

1 comment:

sonya said...

Get outta here! I had no idea that my girl is preggers! Yay for her. She is so cute!!!