Sunday, February 8, 2009

Movie Review : He's Just Not That Into You


So, I went on and saw the movie, He's Just Not That Into You. Ok, my mindset going into this was rather pessimistic. Being that I am dealing with my own varied relationship "issues", the last thing I wanted to hear was that he wasn't that into me. So you know my lips were poked out and eyes were rolling as I was purchasing my tickets.


I think overall, the movie was a thoughtful effort. The feel of the film was very warm, the characters were believable, and you actually felt the emotions of the characters. So, without going through all the characters' names and roles I will point of some great thought evoking moments.


The main character who narrated the film was a sweet and endearing. She represented women across America who earnestly wanted love, but pushed it away by wanting it too much. She went through the whole movie "doing the most". But I think it was necessary to exaggerate her efforts to show how women can push great things away by thinking too much and over analyzing a man's every move. Love eventually found her when she wasn't looking or trying.



There was a married couple that struggled with trust and honesty. They married immediately out of college because they had been "dating forever" and the guy felt like it would be "right" to marry her. Out of this scenario, I learned that love is important, but you truly have to have a solid foundation. Bigger than being with someone "forever". Many times you know in the first encounters if you can be with a person forever (or just a long time...lol). The ups and downs they experienced in their relationship were "workable" but they decided that their problems were greater than the love they built.


There was another character who met dudes online and lead a life full of heartache. She constantly wanted to find love and wasn't afraid to use any method of technology to find him. She provided a bit of humor for the film. There was a guy who was truly into this girl that was basically using him for security, but she secretly was looking for "true love" and chose to walk away.


Ok, I said I wasn't going to go through all of that. Basically, the film taught me that love is not something that can be manipulated or coerced. It must be natural. The only way God would have it. We as women have to understand how men operate and the men have to understand us just same. We are the same in being, but equipped with different emotions and feelings. Every time you say woMAN, you are saying MAN. We came from Adam's rib, so it's natural to always seek to understand a man and be with just one. But in our quest for love, we have to come to the conclusion that "what is to be, is to be" and there is nothing that we can do about it.


Keep loving with ease and comfort. With God, it is possible. If you haven't found it, you will. If you have, cherish and protect it.


~Love and Flyness
Here's the trailer.....

1 comment:

♥ Nikki ♥ said...

You actually made this movie sound amazing lol. I may have to go check this out. and deep words about love...very true sweetie.