Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Stay motivated!


"Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that
fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly."

-Stephen R. Covey


I like this quote. It really encompasses what motivation is all about. It starts with self. We often times set out to do great things and really go at it hard in the very beginning and then we get to a point where the fire kind of dies out. We eventually reignite the flame, but it doesn't always stay at the same level. Why does this happen?

There could be several reasons that we get off track or lose that fire. It could be self, our circumstances, life, other people, work, weather, a myriad of reasons. But know that you always have back up. A generator. Extra help. We have God. No matter what we think may experience or how we get off course, we can always trust God to help us reignite the flame.


If you're like me, this is an area that I have to really pray about. I start off strong, highly motivated, then I reach an invisible brick wall. Its crazy.. lol.. You're desired results could be a new relationship, a car, a new house, having a baby, starting a new career, stating a new hobby, travelling, facing a fear, meeting new people, sticking to a diet or weight loss plan. I could be just about anything. It is easy to lost your momentum when you are living life day to day. You have to find ways to get your vision re-energized and remember your desired results.


Here are some good ways to stay motivated:
  1. Pray, pray, pray
  2. Write your vision and make it plain
  3. Keep a list of your desired results visible in various different locations
  4. Surround yourself with motivated people
  5. Create a dream/ motivation board to look at daily
  6. Try to find people that you know or celebrities that have already accomplished your goal
  7. Don't let an obstacle stand in your way
  8. Create a motivation playlist/cd that helps you remember your purpose
  9. Always think about your desired results

I hope this helps you a little. Believe it or not, this blog has truly, truly be a motivational tool for me. I have always been an advid writer and dreamer, but I easily get taken off course for so many reasons. But because I have set out to make this blog an extension of myself, I have handled it with excellence. I have tried to apply that to all the areas of my life. And guess what? I think it's working yall! lol ..

~Flyly motivated

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord knows that I needed this. You should write a book! Thank you! God Bless you.

♥ Nikki ♥ said...

I really enjoyed this post, you are a Beautiful writer...My first more extensive comment didn't post :(

Anonymous said...

I found this blog by chance! This is truly something I needed to read today, thanks so much for this post :)