Monday, February 22, 2010

Good People... Good Living...

I just wanted to take a moment to reflect on how blessed I am for the people in my life. From my parents, my little sisters, my BFFs, my "boo", my new found friends, and even down to the industry folks that I've become acquainted with. God has truly placed some wonderful people in my path that are getting me closer to who I am truly supposed to be.



I look back on my childhood and how my parents have molded me to who I have become by keeping me saturated in the Word, surrounded by positive people, and giving me an example of what marriage should fundamentally be about. While life has never been perfect, it has been perfectly suited for me. For who I was to become. God doesn't make mistakes, nor does He allow things that you cannot handle. I just wanted to take a moment to thank Him for the best parents for me. I don't think I would fit in anywhere else. lol..

My little sisters have motivated me to be the best I can be. And when I felt like I wasn't, they always reminded me that I was their hero and could do no wrong. That has meant the world to me.



My BFFs have inspired me through their victories and trials. Its so crazy how I'm not the "girlfriend" type, where I'm not interested in having a whole bunch of friends, but have ended up with some true ride or die chicks as my "girls". God has even used them to get messages to me that I refused to receive from anywhere else. Crazy how God connects you to people.


Ahhhhhh... *pause* the boo.... another reason why I've been kinda, sorta ghost. lol. He's the best. And of course not in Atlanta :O( Not to tell ALL my business. I know he's heaven sent. Everything I thought I couldn't find, he is. Everything I wanted to hear, he says. Everything I think I'm not, he knows I am. It's so amazing.... this man... I don't know if he's my forever or my right now, but there is simply no other place I'd rather be, than in this very moment. (ok, let me stop before I tell all my lil business)




Even down to my new friends, people from college that I'm cool with now, and business associates. I am so grateful for their roles in my life. The laughter, the memories, the game nites, the random road trips, the special events, the list goes on.




I'm saying all this to say that we must surround ourselves with like minded people and like purpose people. As I look back over my life, more time was spent with people that took me away from my purpose than those that pushed me closer to it. As I continuously did spring cleaning, I realized the hand full of folks left in my life were all I needed and as life progressed, God placed new people in my life.



It's like making your acceptance speech for an Oscar and looking out in the audience and seeing the only people that matter, the ones who have help mold you, the ones that have pushed you towards your intended goal, the ones that loved you through all your ups and downs. I'm having one of those moments now. I am SO grateful for all the people in my life, that I merely tear up at the thought of any one of them.


Never miss an opportunity to tell those in your life that you love them and that you appreciate them. Be grateful for those in your life and continuously sow into their lives. Make an effort to call them often just to say, "hey". Trust me, it makes all the difference in the world.

Ok, that's all ... I am so full right now...

~Mel

No comments: