Monday, February 1, 2010

"To My Husband... I Love You"....

I just had to take a moment and deal with one Mrs. Carter thanking her husband and saying, "I Love You". This was like MONUMENTAL for her. And I am happy that she has found comfort in telling the world that she loves the love of her life.
I recently read a blog that talked about an interview Jay-Z had with a magazine where he discussed his marriage, very vaguely. He didn't go into detail, but he did mention that marriage wasn't perfect. I really appreciated that.

Many of us in and out of relationships have this unrealistic, fairy tale ideal of what marriage should be. While it is important to remain optimistic and want the best for your relationship, we really should know that it is OUR relationship and we determine the success and failure of it. No matter what people say or have said, what works for you, works for you.
I think it's vitally important to tell the people we love, that we love them when the cameras are rolling. When everyone is watching, we need to take the opportunity to honor those we love and let the world know how important they are to us. That person wont soon forget that moment. And all those cameras have a record of that love you shared. Even witnessing Bey say it last night did something for me.
So, I say all of this to say that love is a feeling that should be visualized and verbalized. Show me you love me and say it too!
Can't wait to say.... "To my husband, I love you....."
~Mel

No comments: